New notes are created under Gmail notes and not under iCloud notes, how to fix ?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by rak007, Mar 23, 2014.

1. rak007 macrumors 6502a

I am using iPhone 4S with iOS 7.0.4 and I use the notes application extensively. I see that in my notes app,under accounts, it shows

All notes
    Gmail
    iCloud

Now everytime I create a new note I see that it seems to be created inde Gmail notes. I, by default use All Notes obviously but if I go back to accounts and choose only iCloud, I cannot see it but if I go to Gmail notes It shows.
    Under settings if I go and turn off notes under Gmail, it says it will delete all gmail notes which I don't want to happen.

So how do I....

Turn off gmail notes
    Ensure that all new notes are created under iCloud notes

2. merrickdrfc macrumors 6502

You'll have to manually copy and paste them into iCloud, and then just turn of gmail notes. Turning off gmail notes just removes them from your device, they'll still be on your google account. Once you've turned gmail notes off all your notes will be created under iCloud (providing you have no other accounts with Notes switched on)

3. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

You need to change the Default Account to iCloud in Settings.

4. rak007 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. I did that only now. Using PC copied gmail notes to iCloud and let them get downloaded to my phone and then turned off notes under Gmail settings in my phone.