Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cdrwinston

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Is anyone else having new notifications in bite that you can't get rid of? When I receive a new message and after I read it the badge remains on the app, in the status bar, and in lockinfo. It typically happens when I get a group text, or when I get 2 messages from the same person before I can read the first one. The only way to delete it is to delete the history from the sender. I have tried uninstalling and reinstall, but no change.

Anyone else?

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario
Is anyone else having new notifications in bite that you can't get rid of? When I receive a new message and after I read it the badge remains on the app, in the status bar, and in lockinfo. It typically happens when I get a group text, or when I get 2 messages from the same person before I can read the first one. The only way to delete it is to delete the history from the sender. I have tried uninstalling and reinstall, but no change.

Anyone else?

mine is running fine version 5.4

what version are you on and its it official or cracked

cdrwinston

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Never use cracked. Why is that the first question people ask? I'm running 5.4 beta 6.
I may uninstall the beta and just go with 5.4.

FFocuSS

macrumors member
Jul 5, 2011
Never use cracked. Why is that the first question people ask? I'm running 5.4 beta 6.

I'm using 5.4 and haven't had the problem you described. I'd say just use 5.4.

thespazz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
Same issue here. I use the SMS GV Extension, if that matters.

I tried posting on the bitesms forum, but got no response. I never seem to get one there.

heisenberg123

macrumors 603
Oct 31, 2010
Hamilton, Ontario

its the first question i ask when people are having issues with a app or tweak thats well maintained by the dev, BiteSMS is always updated to fix bugs, it wasnt asked out of disrespect

yes try and remove the Beta and see if the issues is still there with just the 5.4

cdrwinston

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Same issue here. I use the SMS GV Extension, if that matters.

I tried posting on the bitesms forum, but got no response. I never seem to get one there.

I've never gotten one there either. I saw the question asked over there and no response.

cdrwinston

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
its the first question i ask when people are having issues with a app or tweak thats well maintained by the dev, BiteSMS is always updated to fix bugs, it wasnt asked out of disrespect

yes try and remove the Beta and see if the issues is still there with just the 5.4

Understand... ;)
No problem.

IrishVixen

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Email the devs--make sure you put NOT FAQ in the subject line. They're incredibly responsive, allowing for time differences.

And not having that issue here either, bite's current and I'm on 4.2.1.

cdrwinston

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
Email the devs--make sure you put NOT FAQ in the subject line. They're incredibly responsive, allowing for time differences.

And not having that issue here either, bite's current and I'm on 4.2.1.

thanks! I will try that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.