New Nov 2007 issue of Macworld

Discussion in 'macOS' started by brentg33, Oct 3, 2007.

1. brentg33 macrumors 6502a

hey,
    i know this is a heavily debated issue.....however, i was reading the new issue of macworld that i got in the mail today....and in the cover story "secure your mac" it lists the security standards on page 56 and the #1 on the list is use antivirus software..........i thought we didnt need any....i personally have clamXav watching a few folders....but is there something more i should be using???? i mean, is this something i should get....is macworld on to something?

thanks
    brent

2. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i wouldn't worry too much (unless you're running windows on it also)

btw, did it say anything about Leopard?

3. benpatient macrumors 68000

I'd say what MacWorld is "onto" can be summed up as follows:

"And now, a word from our sponsors."

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Unfortunately these types of magazines flourish on ads. It's also the reason why many people don't read the same photography magazines they used to read. It's ad to article ratio seems to be 10:1.

I wouldn't worry but also don't go through life with a lackadaisical attitude that nothing will ever happen. Be safe but know that you don't need 5 applications to boot with your Mac in order to just make sure it's free of rubbish like you would Windows.

5. njmac macrumors 68000

njmac

When I first started reading Macworld around 2001, they had the same type articles back then about security. I didn't worry about it then and I won't worry about it now. That is, until there is actually something to worry about and believe me, the world will know when Mac users have to worry... some people can't wait for it to happen :mad: