NEW Nvidia CUDA Drivers

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sirmausalot, Sep 1, 2014.

1. Sirmausalot macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

NVidia CUDA drivers are NOT installed in the Macbook Pro by default. And they are useful for many of the Adobe programs. New drivers were released last month and are available here http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-cuda-6.5.14-driver.html

CUDA acceleration will then be available in certain applications and by many accounts, is better than OpenCL for those applications http://blogs.adobe.com/kevinmonahan...ry-playback-engine-in-the-macbook-pro-retina/

These are only compatible with dedicated GPU Macbook Pros with the 650 or 750m

2. joecool99 Suspended

joecool99

yes, however lot of Adobe apps do not support 650 / 750 GPU anyway.

3. Maximus434 macrumors regular

Will installing these affect gaming performance?

4. Cibike macrumors member

Cibike

is there any apps which actually use cuda computing with GT750m? ..I know that on PC is few video transcoding apps, but apart from adobe aftereffects I don't know about any other app

5. stevemiller macrumors 65832

I installed Cuda drivers when I got my mbp in the spring. For my uses (3d renders), the laptop GPU doesn't seem powerful enough to make it worthwhile; CPU based rendering is still faster. Is there any reason to suspect these drivers will change that situation at all?

6. Sirmausalot thread starter macrumors 6502a

Sirmausalot

After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Adobe Media Encoder.

----------

In Adobe products, the CPU and the GPU work together for renders. If you don't have a dedicated GPU, only the CPU does the work.

7. Freyqq macrumors 68040

unlikely. Cuda is for compute, not 3d rendering in real time (opengl).