new nVidia Mobile GPU announced today

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by spaceballl, Feb 21, 2008.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

See here.
    If Apple announces new Macbook Pros within the next couple of weeks, that's probably too soon to get this chip in there. Plus, I don't think Apple has ever used a Quadro chip in their laptops.

But hey... a kid can dream eh? :eek:

2. brandonshough macrumors regular

brandonshough

That's unrelated, apple isn't going to move to workstation class cards. (Quadro)

They are more expensive anyways ;)

3. skiffx macrumors 6502a

Well they mention for HP in there, and HP laptops are huge and thick, so you can actually fit it in there...so unless they are able to slim it down, I doubt they will be able to fit it into an mbpro.

4. cmm26red macrumors regular

It consumes 70W of power compared to the 8600M GT which draws 22W. While I would like to have 52GBits of through-put, I doubt you will ever find this in a MPB. Also, I believe the architecture of the Quandros is significantly different then the Mobile Geforce in regards to its lack of stream processors.

5. Radio Monk33 macrumors 6502

:(

Is there anything in the comparable 8600 class as a possibility in the next upgrade? I'd love to see any increase in GPU power..

6. kabunaru Guest

Nah, probably ATI cards for the next round of MacBook Pros. Just my thought. :)

7. thebeat macrumors regular

all Notebooks now have Penryn processors (Dell, Sony, Gateway)... Apple still haven't got it. Apple ALWAYS gets the processors last. Who got Core 2 Duo first? Not Apple. Who got Core Duo first? Not Apple. It takes a very long time.