New Office or iwork coming soon?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jcdavies, Sep 14, 2010.

1. jcdavies macrumors member

Just wondering if anyone knew if a new microsoft office or iwork were being released anytime soon and what expected new features will be coming with them

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

Well, the next version of Office for mac should be released late this year as Office 2011, and iWork is rumored to be updated this fall as well, but I am not as sure about that one

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

4. Queso macrumors G4

The new Office will re-add VBA support into Excel and replaces Entourage with Outlook, so PST import from Windows will be available. It is also reportedly much faster than Office 2008.

There's other stuff, but that's the most important bits for me :)

5. jcdavies thread starter macrumors member

any news on new features or if compatibility with office will be any better in iwork?

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

7. milbournosphere macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

I'm looking forward to Office 2011. 2008 is a bear, 2004 was even worse than that. At least 2008 worked with spaces. Do you know if they're abandoning the "tool box" for something implemented more cleanly?

8. Jason Edwards macrumors regular

Just picking on you a little here, but if we have no info on iWorks then what info did you use to come to the conclusion that it will not happen this year ? :)

Jason

9. LucasG macrumors regular

LucasG

10. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

It's just my own conclusion. Apple rarely releases anything in late Q4 and if Apple wanted to release iWork soon, they would have done it in iPod event as iLife and iWork updates usually get an event to show the new features

11. Dr McKay macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Ive seen it on my friends MPB, the beta was loading like a second slower than my current PC version of 2010 Office. And Programs in mine were taking about 2 seconds to fire up.