New "old" iPad mini

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iMi, Apr 28, 2015.

1. iMi macrumors 6502a

iMi

I just picked up an iPad Mini 2 and found out that the unit was manufactured in January 2014. This means that it was sitting somewhere on the shelf for over a year. The item was brand-new in retail Apple packaging. It has never been used.

Should I be concerned about the long-term effect of this being The case?

2. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I wouldn't worry much about it, you can always take it to an Apple Store if there is a defect. Otherwise, enjoy your new iPad, I love mine :)

3. iMi thread starter macrumors 6502a

iMi

Thanks for the feedback. The machine seems to work perfectly well, so I won't worry about it. Any recommendations for cases? I got the Smart Cover already and love it, but it doesn't offer much protection. I didn't use cases on my iPad 4 and let's just say it didn't go so well... Corners are significantly more round now :D

4. ardchoille50 macrumors 68020

I don't put cases on my devices, so I'm not qualified to give any advice there. However, if it were me, I'd jump on YouTube and search for cases to see what others are using. You might find something there that sparks your interest.

5. Brian Y macrumors 68040

There may be an effect on the battery, having sat that long.

Having said that, I'd just use it. If you notice there's a problem, Apple will always replace it.

As for cases, Apple's smart case is the best I've found, even if it is a little thick.