New/Old MB or Old/New Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JB x, Nov 27, 2008.

1. JB x macrumors newbie

I decided that I should get a new mac. I currently have a early 2007 white macbook. I am a high school student and I will be using this for browsing the web, watching tons of movies, and homework with word. I really don't know if I need a new laptop but the macbook I have right now is out of memory because of torrents and the colors look washed out. I don't want to waste too much money but I want to get the best laptop that will last me for a while and that I will satisfy my needs. Any help would be appreciated.

2. chipchen macrumors 6502

hah... you sound like I did when I was in high school... any reason to get the next greatest thing. I think somewhere inside you know you don't need a new computer... especially since yours is only one year old. truth is though, if you can convince yourself and your folks can afford it... what's to stop you?

upgrade your RAM to 4GB and your hard drive. Buy an external drive so you don't keep all your torrents on your internal drive.

3. pixelated macrumors 6502a

pixelated

hmm, if i was only watching films and using word i would be using the same computer i had a decade ago.

4. bmcgrath macrumors 65816

bmcgrath

You don't need a new laptop.
    That 2007 MB will be good to go for another 3 years I'd say. No point wasting money.

You're a student. Spend your money on booze or take a holiday or something ;)

5. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Max out the ram, and/or hard drive, and enjoy what you've already got.

6. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Agree completely.

Again, agree completely. You don't need to replace an early 2007 MB unless you absolutely need to, and your post indicates want, not need. Do as the other posters have suggested. Buy an external drive and max out the RAM.

Cheers and good luck