New on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by GoldMan, May 4, 2009.

1. GoldMan macrumors member

GoldMan

Hello People

I'm a newbie in the mac world, and i have tried a imac for several months for my company (Video editing). I would like to say "THANK YOU APPLE"

It is a great machine to work on and no problems at all with it. My question is:

1. Do you know when we can expect the new imac generation?

2. Can i run Vista and mac osx with a dual boot?

3. Can you also post what you like and dislike with the imac?

Thank you and sorry for the bad english :)

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    We hope there will be a refresh for the iMacs before the end of the year.

You can run bootcamp to partition the hard drive to install vista on the new partition half. Or run both OSes at the same time using Parallels.

I like Apple's great OS, and beautiful innovative design. :)

Also please use a Google search before posting next time. You could have easily gotten the first two answers with a search.

3. Zagreus macrumors member

Zagreus

In answer to your question:

1. Well the new iMac generation did launch very recently so the next generation of the iMac probably won't be around for at least 9 months or thereabouts, but check the Buyers Guide at the top near the forum tab, that should give you more information.

2. Yes you can run Vista and OS X using Boot Camp which is built into Leopard, there are tutorials on the Apple Website: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Mac/10.5/en/11889.html

3. Well I've used iMacs and to be honest there brilliant, I have a Dell now and I'm going to get a Mac soon because of the lack of cables and it's form factor, with things I don't like all I'd say is if you've used Windows for many years it's a bit disorientating to switch but that's got over within a few days so there's not really a lot to dislike about the iMac.

Hope that helps

4. GoldMan thread starter macrumors member

GoldMan

I'm sorry about that i didn't use the search function or google. I have all my answers now from your reply(Fast reply too :) ) -

I just cant wait for the next generation but i dont want to invest in apple imacs for the company, because there is a new imac coming within 1 year :apple:

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

If you really need a mac then you should get one now. But if you want the latest and greatest, and don't minding waiting a few months then you should wait and see if a new one is released. :)

6. GoldMan thread starter macrumors member

GoldMan

Isnt there any "insider" information about the next generation imac release date or specs? Because apple have maaaaany employers i think and there must be a little bit of information :D

7. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

If there is, you will see it here first. ;)

8. GoldMan thread starter macrumors member

GoldMan

:D Okay - I'll keep extra attention to the macrumors homepage :D