New one for me - Wifi no network connection error

Discussion in 'macOS' started by RHA, Jan 20, 2015.

1. RHA macrumors newbie

Macbook Air running Yosemite and software up to date. I was in multiple locations today and this one has me stumped.

I have wifi access - from home network. I can access one and only one website - Yahoo, which is my home page. Any attempt to click to a different website or link give me "no network connection error"

Also, Outlook will not connect to the network - saying its not available.

Any ideas?

2. doynton macrumors 6502

Are you still having this error? Most likely you have no access at all but you can see yahoo as it is cached. This means you are displaying the screen as it looked last time but when you try to search it tries and fails to connect.

You can check this from terminal - see if you can ping yahoo using the command ping -c 3 www.yahoo.com if your internet is working it will look like the picture below. Otherwise it will say "Unknown host"

If you haven't already shut down your mac, unplug your router, plug it back in and wait for all the lights to come on. You want the light that says "broadband" or "access" or similar not just the one that says "wi-fi". Then restart your mac.

Attached Files: