New option for family sharing with individual payment?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by EnchantedPlague, Oct 6, 2017.

1. EnchantedPlague macrumors member

Just noticed this new setting on my iPad with iOS11 - Disable Purchase Sharing

Does this mean we can now use family sharing without having to have all purchases go through on the organizers credit card but still share apple music and iCloud storage?

[​IMG]

2. Renegade72 Suspended

Renegade72

I don't know about Apple Music, but for sure it works for iCloud storage

3. bcbickers macrumors newbie

That setting allows you to "hide" purchased apps in the App Store from other family members. It doesn't seem to affect Apple Music. Well, at least my kids haven't complained that Apple Music has restrictions. :)

4. hendrilei macrumors member

hendrilei

It stated as per below ...

And I’m curious, so now the family member can each use their own credit card if we choose option to “stop family purchase” ? Not much information from apple sites. If yes, then it’s good :) so we can use our own credit card but still can share applemusic

[​IMG]

5. EnchantedPlague thread starter macrumors member

Yea not much information from apple regarding this change. Just tried it myself, disabled purchase sharing, and tried to buy an app on my wife's iPhone and it prompted for her to add a credit card, where as before it would just go through on mine. This is good news for sharing Apple Music with extended family/friends.