Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

RossBlake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
Hi,

I am getting a mac and am confused on what I should get. I think I've worked out that I would probably need/want an iMac but, not sure whether to spend my money on a new or older one. I will be using it mainly for photo editing and surfing the web. Maybe the occasional game as well. So is it necessary to buy a new one? Or would an older version have the sufficient software and hardware to complete my needs at a reasonable speed?
Please reply!
Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

jdeehere

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2012
I Could also use help PLEASE

Any iMac built in the last 5 years will be fine for you.

I am in the process of purchasing a used older Mac-book (Pre 2009).
It is All white and NO OTHER MARKINGS ON IT ((except the Apple logo on cover/topside) Nothing underneath or sides except wee symbols above input ports on side... Is there anyway one can find out which model this Mac-book is I need to know so I can find a o/s installation disk from someone so I can load a operating system into it which isn't working now, all it does is go to the first posting screen and continues to try and load the o/s but is unsuccessful...
Thanks for any and all help you may offer me in this...
Again Thanks
a First time Mac user

Comment

ezekielrage_99

macrumors 68040
Oct 12, 2005
And my 2006 iMac is still going strong...

But to the question, have you thought of looking at getting a refurb? They are pretty good value IMHO if you have a strict budget, plus it comes with the same warranty as a new mac.

Comment

RossBlake

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 13, 2012
ezekielrage_99 - Do you know where I could get a refurb? Money isn't a big issue but, I don't want to spend more than I have to.

Comment

jdeehere

macrumors newbie
Aug 14, 2012
Does it have a serial number? Apple should be able to tell you from that.

Thanks for the answer, I would love to find the serial number, Maybe you can tel me WHERE IS IT LOCATED
Again Thanks

----------

Does the seller not give any details?

The seller is somewhere in the USA and I am in Ireland, His father who knows nothing about computers is selling it to me, Thanks for the answer back

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.