New or used ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by kookoo1996, Aug 24, 2011.

1. kookoo1996 macrumors newbie

new for 600$,used for 550$
    The used one is only 1 week old....

(It's easier for me to buy from the store,than meet someone to buy the ipad from.)

2. Johnny05 macrumors newbie

Times are tough save some money + tax if you can. As long as the used one is the model you want then you're good to go.

3. darngooddesign macrumors G3

If you mean refurbished then go for it. I love refurbs.

4. jmpnop macrumors 6502a

jmpnop

I'd spend the extra $50 and get the new one. I don't like spending that much on an used product, $50 is simply worth for me.

5. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I'd go used IF you can fully inspect it before handing over the cash. If I were buying online sight-unseen I'd be looking for a bigger discount.

6. verakot macrumors newbie

verakot

I'd never buy a refurb. There is a reason for someone to return it.

7. kookoo1996 thread starter macrumors newbie

the used one is not refurbished,and I can only see it,without trying it......Will go for the new one ;)

8. poloponies macrumors 68030

You're missing the concept. At Apple, "Refurbished" means that it's been restored to factory standards, with a new battery and shell so it's indistinguishable from new in both appearance and function and it has a full year warranty.

I have routinely purchased refurbished computers and iPods from Apple over the years and they've always been like new.

9. Saberon macrumors 6502a

I have opened a brand spankin new iPad and a refurb iPad and I could not in any way tell the difference.

10. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

when my 3g was new it was fine, but i used it so much after 8 months i had to take it back, it would randomly shut off and wouldnt hold a charge. I got a refurb with a bootloader of 5.08, means any baseband can be downgraded to an unlock. and it seems to be just as good as a brand new one.

even my ipad is a refurb, it had the yellow stain on it for a few weeks, got it replaced and the refurb is working just as awesome.

refurbs arent bad at all, or used ones either, apple has a high standard and you can easiy save 50$+tax probably around 70-80$! penny saved is a penny earned, use the extra money for a case and screen protector.

11. Lindenhurst macrumors 6502a

Doesn't matter what the reason was. When Apple receives it back, they I spect and make it as good as new.

I've bout 3 IMacs and 2 iPads that were refurbs and none ever had any issues. They all looked brand new and came with same warranty as the more expensive "new" one.

12. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

13. poloponies macrumors 68030

Just like it would for the original owner. If there's time left on the 1-year warranty then you have the benefit of that period and you can purchase Applecare to extend it for another year.