New Ordres Shipping with Snow Leopard Preinstalled?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by rmg007, Aug 28, 2009.

1. rmg007 macrumors member

I intend to order a custom configured Mac Pro online and I would prefer a fresh pre-installed version of Snow Leopard out of the box, as opposed to receiving Snow Leopard discs and installing over Leopard.

Does anyone have any insight or experience they can share as to how soon I can place the order and be guaranteed Snow Leopard will be pre-installed?

I chatted online with Apple sales and they said it may take 3-6 weeks, although custom configured machines get it first. I could have ordered the Mac Pro back in June and received a Snow Leopard update for $10, so I'd prefer to wait, but I would like to order by 9/8 and receive a free iPod from the back to school promotion.

Can anyone shed some light? TIA!

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

at this point you will get Leopard pre installed with a drop in disk most likely.

3. aethelbert macrumors 601

They were still giving systems with Tiger preinstalled during the week before christmas in 2007, so you should probably just order it before the promotion ends. On the bright side, having licenses to two operating systems can help with application compatibility.