New OS and itunes

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tim2006, Oct 27, 2007.

1. tim2006 macrumors 6502

I have a macbook pro and imac with the same itunes library on both. I am going to pick up Leopard this weekend. What is the best way to transfer my itunes to after a clean install? I could burn them to a dvd-r. it would take 3 dvds to do so.

2. DanB91 macrumors 6502

it would be better if u had an external hdd. that way u can just drop the itunes music folder into the music folder and it reads everything automatically :). also if u want time machine u need an external hdd

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

if you have an external hard drive then just copy the itunes folder to it. then when in leopard open itunes while holding option and choose the folder.

if you dont have an external then in itunes choose file->back to disc. this will backup everything it itunes like music, playlists, videos etc to a dvd. if its larger than one dvd then it will ask you to insert another. when in leopard just insert the first dvd and your ready to go.

4. taybo20 macrumors regular

taybo20

If you have a large enough ipod to house all of the music, you can use it to transfer the music between the computers. But it is best just to use an external HDD.