New OSX Snow Leopard 'Mail' with Exchange - doesn't synch properly

Discussion in 'macOS' started by thefrenches, Sep 6, 2009.

1. thefrenches macrumors member

I am finding that I have to manually 'rebuild' Mail nearly all the time, otherwise it will not consistently update as a true Exchange mail client does.

I'm using Exchange IMAP on Mail, OSX Snow Leopard.

Anybody else?

2. ymarker macrumors member

Imap w/exchange? Did you set it up manually? All I did in SL, was give mail my userid/pass and it setup everything. never had any sync issues. I've got an issue of attaching documents and emailing to pc users, but that has more to do with RTF and lack of native html composition.

3. thefrenches thread starter macrumors member

It did require SOME manual entry, apparently - not sure what full auto looks like. It's a huge pain to have to rebuild constantly in order for it to actually update the Exchange server

4. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

My SL / Exchange experience has been so smooth, I had trashed MS Office 2008 altogether. I watched ENtourage burn away in the Trash, yeah, that was good.

IMAP / Exchange. When you attach to the server, are you inside the LAN, via VPN, or have holes poked in the firewall/router on the server side?

5. thefrenches thread starter macrumors member

I'm just trying to access the Exchange server via my internet connection, no VPN, not even in the same building

6. gilkisson macrumors 65816

gilkisson

Do you know what ports are open at the server side? Do you have access to update the firewall/router on the server side?

Having said that, I'm suspecting the problem might lie with the firewall / network access, the SSL certificate on the server, a variety of factors. Having your Exchange server naked on the 'net isn't good.

Specific to your issue, have a look at http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2007/07/10/446015.aspx

Are you sure you have to limit yourself to IMAP?