New "other" account on my MacBook Pro with Lion

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by dejligdreng, Oct 16, 2011.

1. dejligdreng macrumors newbie

Hi

Got a strange problem here.....

After updating to latest version of Lion I just got a new account on my login screen called "andre" (danish version - "other" properly in english) :)

So now I have my normal account, the guest account made by iCloud and this "andre/other" account that I can't login in to because I don't have the username and code.

When i use my normal account and try to delete it in the settings menu, there is no other account that my normal and the guest account.

Strange right!!!??? :mad:

Can anybody help me?

Regards

Kim :confused:

2. resting macrumors member

I have this eye sore Others account option at the login screen too.
    When I click it, its asking me for a username and password which I've no idea too.
    How do I remove the option in the login screen altogether?
    And why is it there is the first place? My office macbook doesn't have this.

3. PM-Performance macrumors 6502

I have had the other acct listed on my startup screen once I setup the login to the root acct.
    Maybe the update auto set this up for you guys now?

I never had the guest acct on mine before, but now I do. I just setup Icloud the other day though so that makes sense if the above stated is true

4. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Do you have it set to allow other network accounts to log in? I have this and use the other setting to log in with network users (networked accounts to actually set up on the computer but that reside on my server).

5. XandeR803 macrumors member

Do you have "Find my mac" on in icloud? I think I recall that if that option was checked, it would automatically create another account.

6. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

This is likely the key. It actually doesn't even enable a local Guest user, it restarts to a Safari-only account from the Recovery Partition. The reason it's enabled with Find My Mac is that if your Mac isn't online, it can't be found, and if whoever has it can't log in at all, it can't get online.

jW