New otterbox cases for next gen iphone.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Droidrage729, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Droidrage729, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013

Droidrage729 macrumors 6502

I caught this little teaser as an ad and found it interesting. I'm just as exited about the new cases as the acknowledgement of the new iphone. Anyone see this yet? If that's a defender it definitely looks a bit thinner and less boxy.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378193653.168885.jpg

2. RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

I hate the defender, but I hope this blows it out of the water.

3. zedzded macrumors regular

Why's that? I had my Iphone 4 in one for 2 years and when I sold the phone it was in immaculate condition despite being dropped on a semi-regular basis.

4. RichardC300, Sep 3, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013

RichardC300 macrumors 65816

RichardC300

Well, yeah. The protection it provides is almost unmatched, but it is just a tad bit too bulky. I think that's the only reason why people don't like the defender. Haha. If they offer a thinner version, then I think it would be a great all around case.

5. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

I've never used one, but after examining the phones of friends who use them, extended use doesn't necessarily correlate with perfect condition phones.. most of the phones had scuff marks where the plastic met the screen and almost all of the phones had dust trapped in all of the ports. It's a good case but I feel like extended use is more harmful than not (iirc this happens to people with their iPhone 5 also, it scuffs the aluminum around the Apple logo.)

6. Droidrage729 thread starter macrumors 6502

I am using one now and while in my opinion it is the best case for protection prolonged use does cause minor scratches . The common place is by the front facing camera I have a small scratch from the case as well as everyone I know with the case . I do take it off every few weeks clean it and put it back in. The new cases look a bit more curved and hopefully they put some type of soft seal where plastic meets the phone . It's just to much of an investment to use a thin case or none at all. As I use the proceeds from this phone for my next

7. zedzded macrumors regular

Yes you're right actually, I forgot, there were some scratches made by the inner plastic moulding, just near the front camera. The screen was unblemished, but yeah I suppose it's a bit poor that a product that is supposed to prevent damage actually causes it! That said, without it my phone would have died 3 or 4 times!

8. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Yep dust for sure.

9. RickG macrumors regular

i would like to see a lighter weight defender with a better streamlined holster for my new 5s

10. Droidrage729 thread starter macrumors 6502

I agree lighter would be good maybe a tad bit thinner not much as I feel Otterbox is second to none in actually providing protection for your phone. I think rounding the case a bit more will help. And please please please get rid of the stupid apple logo window ok I get it it's an iPhone yey I paid for 100% of a case not 90%. Or at least make it an option for solid colors. I have a wounded warrior project case on now cause I love the cause and LOVE that the case covers all of my phone.

11. Oohara macrumors 68020

Oohara

They are also second to none when it comes to customer service. I had two Commuters for my 4S develop cracks in the outer casing, got each one replaced within two weeks. Which is damn fast considering I live in Sweden. It was a simple matter of an email and a few attached pics, never had such friendly encounters with a company before. Something to take into consideration with these cases that actually cost a fair bit of money :)

12. ricktat macrumors 65816

They need to call it the IOS 7 version. What about Iphone 5's?

I can't believe they raised the price by $10

13. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I love how they use a white iPhone 5 to model the 5c cases. Apple only showed it with a black bezel, correct? DERP!

14. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

Keep in mind, pretty much right up until the keynote, most mockups showed the 5C with a white front, like the 5th gen Touch