New Otterbox Commuter cases coming!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by lbros360, Apr 16, 2013.

1. lbros360 macrumors member

Attached Files:

2. stephen1108 macrumors 65816

Just when I thought the new Otterbox cases couldn't get uglier, they just did. The iPhone 5 Defender ftw. Whoever designed that did an A+ job.

3. lbros360 thread starter macrumors member

I love the defenders! Except the built in screen protectors are terrible! I'm glad I ripped it out and installed a zagg HD. I don't find the 3d commuter cases ugly though... they look unique and its something different from the ordinary.

4. mackandproud macrumors 6502

Otterbox is debuting a new line of cases featuring "3D grenades." Wonderful timing after what just happened in boston.

[​IMG]

5. lbros360 thread starter macrumors member

I agree. But it seems like these cases won't be coming anytime soon...

6. rgctx macrumors regular

Seriously, you have to bring that up :rolleyes: ?? Im sure these have been in the works for a while now.

Lets head on over to the Cooking forums and bring up any new "pressure cookers" that are coming out.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. Premium1 macrumors 6502a

That case looks huge.

8. Robster3 macrumors 68000

My thoughts too, don't worry muckandproud has a vendetta against OB Some would say trolling.

9. ToddH macrumors 6502a

ToddH

Geeeez. That grenade case is rediculas! So many of you want a thin case to fit the pocket, that one will never fit in your pocket. Sorry, but that case is not for me... Great for gamers and kids though.

10. Jacob1212 macrumors newbie

Are you sure those are really genuine from Otterbox? There is a lot of fake ones out on the market? My wife LOVES her defender case.

11. jfrancis04 macrumors 6502a

Serious contender for ugliest case I've ever seen (the grenade one).

12. lbros360 thread starter macrumors member

These are genuine cases... If you click on the link I posted, it goes directly to the official otterbox website:)

----------

UPDATE REGARDING CASE: I have emailed otterbox regarding a couple questions.

My first question was if the design is a 3d illusion or does it physically pop out of the case.
    Answer: The design does pop out of the case.

Another question was: Is it comfortable to hold?
    Answer: The cases are extremely comfortable to hold. (I'm not so sure how if there are multiple different edges and bumps...)

Last question: Is there an eta yet?
    Answer: No, there is not an eta yet...

I guess we will wait and see. I am very curious on how these cases are going to turn out. I will be very interesting in buying the skull one but I would like to see reviews first before I drop 50 dollars on a case. For now, I will keep using my defender in which I am very happy with:)

13. Fouracre44 macrumors regular

For people who's sense of style & sense of taste is invested in their iphone, stay away from the defender. If you want it to be slim, subtle, sleek, sexy, good looking, provide a little bit of protection - stay away from otter box.

If you want protection, a top quality case, piece of mind, colours, and in my opinion, one of the best CASES out there, then look at the defender. Man, who gives a **** about what colour or how slim your phone is. Be a real man / woman & use a case for it's intended purpose!!! To be an enclosed casing on the phone to protect it.

Are you guys that are calling it ugly really that conscious ? How many of you guys have had a girl walk up to you and say " oh, baby, let me see that sexy belkin, mm yeah, give it to me ". See when I have the defender, I have ladies hitting on me all the time. I literally had Kim Kardashian Ask me to film us having sex, when she saw me with it. Naturally I declined, but you get the picture.

14. Robster3 macrumors 68000

Defender is the best non waterproof protective case there is, and from the reviews coming in from the Atlas, the OB Armor wins the best waterproof case available.

All these slim stylish cases are crap, i go defender when i want protection and naked or with a leather pouch when i don't.

15. jassz39 macrumors newbie

Exactly. Why would they not having a sense of caring thoughts at this poorly time? Almost as dumb as the Nike Shirt...:mad:

16. lbros360 thread starter macrumors member

I'm sure otterbox has no intention for this to be any correlation to the terrible tragedy that just took place. I do agree, it is pretty bad timing, but they're just trying something unique, not something to be hurtful to others.

17. mackandproud macrumors 6502

"Is that a 3d grenade case in your pants or are you just happy to see me?" smh

Otterbox, proving stupid people get rich, too.

18. lbros360 thread starter macrumors member

UPDATE: They are now available to order! But otterbox removed the grenade case....

19. ROGERWILCO357 macrumors 6502

ROGERWILCO357

question

on the commuter has anyone found the power button a little hard to use?