Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

silvrbullet

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 19, 2009
On Friday I received my Otterbox Defender case from Newegg.com. I really like this case, it does add some bulk, but not nearly as much as it did on the 3G. I do have a couple of complaints though-

1) The proximity sensor doesn’t work with the case. This problem seems to be hit or miss on the forums.

2) The hard plastic doesn’t seem to fit together as tightly as it did on the 3G case. The bottom feels solid, but towards the top it seems a little loose. Hopeful this doesn’t allow the hard plastic case to scratch the phone….

3) I had to take my Wrapsol Ultra screen protector off to get it to fit. The phone wouldn’t slide into the hard plastic piece of the case.

Do you think I just got a bad case? Should I try to exchange it for a new one?

djransom

macrumors 601
May 14, 2008
Chi-Town
Contact Otterbox CS @ customerservice@otterbox.com and send them a pic of the case with your name and date on a piece of paper explaining the problem and they will send you a new one. As far as the problem with the Wrapsol that's the same issue the Defender has with the Zagg so it may not be the case instead it may be your screen shield.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.