New owner with 2 problems

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Ssendam, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Ssendam macrumors newbie

Hey all, I recently purchased an iPad Pro and am having 2 issues.

The first is that the pencil will stop working after not using it for a while. I end up only getting it to work by plugging it into the Lightning port but just trying it on the surface has no response. I know it's not a battery issue since it shows up as having power once I do this.

The second is that I don't get my battery widget in the notification panel until I do this. Does this only show up if a blue tooth device is connected? I guess the first problem would be related to this.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

2. JD2015 macrumors 6502

Hi
    Ensure the tip is screwed on and not become loose as can cause it to not work and give off the there is a Bluetooth issue. Should solve it. If not could be a faulty pencil so get in touch with apple as not good enough for price it costs. Otherwise you constantly have to keep pairing it up. In regards to second issue solving first issue will sort it and as long as it is in range of iPad also.

3. venividivigor macrumors 6502

I think the pencil will turn off on its own when not in use and turns on when the pencil picks up movement.

And I also think the widget doesn't show up until the pencil turns on.

4. moxxham, Mar 25, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2016

moxxham macrumors 6502

moxxham

If your running anything less than 9.3, if Bluetooth is turned off then back on again, it needs to be plugged into the lightening port to re-pair it again.
    Not sure if that's your issue though :)

5. Ssendam thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm running the latest ios and I always leave the blue tooth on. Verified the tip is screwed on tight so not sure why it's not waking up. Sounds like it may be a defective pencil.