New Paris Apple Retail Store Opening Friday, May 25

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

As noted by ifoAppleStore, Apple is continuing its trickle of retail store openings this week with a new location opening on Friday, May 25 in Paris. The new Les Quatre Temps store will be Apple's sixth in the Paris metropolitan area.

The huge store will be located on Level 1 adjacent to the Gap store. The five-level mall is located in the La Défense district of Paris, along the north extension of the Champs Elysées, and sits adjacent to the iconic Grande Arche building.
No square footage measurement for the new store has been officially released, but based on mall plans and a photo of the construction barrier posted by MacGeneration back in March the store does appear to be one of Apple's larger mall-based locations.

Overall, the store will become Apple's eleventh in France, breaking a tie with Italy for the position as Apple's fifth most popular country for retail store construction, following the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia.

Article Link: New Paris Apple Retail Store Opening Friday, May 25

ArtOfWarfare

macrumors G3
Nov 26, 2007
The huge store will be located on Level 1 adjacent to the Gap store. The five-level mall is located in the La Défense district of Paris, along the north extension of the Champs Elysées, and sits adjacent to the iconic Grande Arche building.
Five floors!? I don't know that much about malls, but I consider two floor malls to be rather large. I've been to a three floor mall before... that was behemoth size. I can't think of a word to describe a mall with five full floors (crazy?)

... Oh, are all of the floors full of stores? It just occurred to me that lots of malls have additional, off-limits-to-consumer-floors for office and business space and stuff.

kkillam

macrumors member
Aug 26, 2011
Five floors!? I don't know that much about malls, but I consider two floor malls to be rather large. I've been to a three floor mall before... that was behemoth size. I can't think of a word to describe a mall with five full floors (crazy?)

... Oh, are all of the floors full of stores? It just occurred to me that lots of malls have additional, off-limits-to-consumer-floors for office and business space and stuff.
In Montreal, there is a huge underground mall. There are three floors in one area, and then you walk through into another completely separate section and there has either four or five. I agree that malls like that are huge though. We spent the entire day in the smaller section, and only found the other section right before we left. Crazy.

kyjaotkb

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2009
London, UK
Good riddance, Go Sport. The Décathlon outdoor & sports shop is already big enough.

Strategic for Apple Retail to settle there because it is a huge mall and there is no Fnac in that mall (Apple's #1 3rd party retailer in France) - even though there is a little Fnac located in the CNIT, the 2nd mall of La Défense.

FoxMcCloud

macrumors 6502a
Dec 22, 2009
Middlesbrough, England
I saw that the other week on a trip to Paris. It's a good area and the mall is pretty big. Top floor has a cinema. The Apple store box front looked quite big and judging by the other stores, it will be a sizeable Apple store.

I went in their other one too, right next to the Louvre pyramid wotsit doodad, it was very popular and busy to say the least, in the poshest shopping centre I've seen!

justperry

macrumors G4
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Overall, the store will become Apple's eleventh in France, breaking a tie with Italy for the position as Apple's fifth most popular country for retail store construction, following the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia.
It's not based on popularity, it's based on sales forecast and outside of the US it's mostly big cities with lots of tourism.

There are lots of shopping Malls in Asia with more stories then 2-3, Singapore for instance has plenty of them.
In the US most shopping Malls are in the suburbs with lower land prices, in Asia most of them are in city centre's and have high ground prices and therefor are multi story buildings.
Even here in Bandung Java Indonesia most of them have more than 4, some of them even 10.

appleaddictx

macrumors member
May 7, 2012
Apple SHOULD at least try to have at least one ratail store in every major country. Accordiang to another commenter, there is not even one retail store in Chezch (I cannot spell that word) Republic. And to think, us greedy Americans have over a hundred of these things.

winston1236

macrumors 68000
Dec 13, 2010
Apple SHOULD at least try to have at least one ratail store in every major country. Accordiang to another commenter, there is not even one retail store in Chezch (I cannot spell that word) Republic. And to think, us greedy Americans have over a hundred of these things.
greedy? its a retail store not a natural resource and definitely a brand not distributed on grounds of fairness but on opportunity of profit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.