Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
My batteri suddently shows only 935 mAh fully charged. It only works for about 30 min. It was over 4000 mAh last thursday.

Can I fix this, or should I call Apple?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Did you calibrate it when you first got it? Calibrate it now all the same by running it completely flat and then completely charging it back up again. :)

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
Yeah I calibrated it. Doing so as we speak, or I speak. You think it's going to make a difference?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Theoretically it'll help but in practice, you really shouldn't be having problems already, especially not so suddenly. I suppose resetting the PMU could be the next step. I think the calibration has more chance of working though. :eek:

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
just gave apple a call. The worst telephone support I've ever experienced.
Used half an hour waiting for people picking up the phone. JESUS!!!
But no one did. Don't know if apple support in the US is any different, but here in Denmark it really sucks.

Couldn't even call the real support number, I just get disconnected. Had to call the buy new apple stuff number. But no answer. Just a live recording of some crappy band. Who puts on a live recording cd on as phone waiting music? The cheering from the audience hurts your ears, and sounds more crappy than a studio recording would. Dosen't make sence.

As you can see im getting kind of pissed with apple. All I heard was top dollar service /support. Don't think the guys in Denmark got the news yet. If you can't even get through to a technician, then whats the point.

That steam dump sure felt good :mad:

TodVader

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2005
Quebec, Canada
Call apple US and ask them to transfer you to a Denmark authorities at Apple. They will solve your problem and take a complaint if you wish.

When you have problems, always ask for the boss. It always worked out for me.

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
I called their main office in Denmark. Apparently today is a tech support heavy day, that's why the line was dead. But they finally patched me through.
According to the tech support guy they have some issues with the new batteries. A bigger issue than Apple had first estimated.
He told me to return the battery to my local Apple store, so I did. The store told me I would be waiting a week for the new battery to arrive. The tech guy said two weeks. Im hoping for the one week ETA :)

The support is great, but the telephone support is insane. And I'm a bit disappointed I could'nt keep my crappy battery for the 1-2 weeks wait. Not that much portability in a notebook with no battery.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.