New PC Build and my iPhone - 2 quick questions

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Nomadski, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Nomadski macrumors regular

Im going to build my new pc tomorrow, but ive never done this before when ive had an iPhone.

What exactly do i need to do to avoid any headaches when i start reinstalling iTunes etc regarding my phone?

1. Do i just "de-authorize" computer before uninstalling iTunes, then "authorize computer" when i plug phone into new build?

Im just a little worried that i will rip this pc out, build a new one, and find my iPhone wont sync.

2. Regarding apps, do i just back up phone and save the backup folder and replace on the new build?

Thanks for any advice.

2. reliantj macrumors 6502

two quick answers.

1. No
    2. No

a little more expanation.

1. you don't have to deauth your current unless you're giving it away or scrapping the parts. you can have a certain number of auths on different
    computers.

2. your apps should have downloaded to the .../iTunes/MobileApplications folder.
    Back those up. but if you bought them already, iTune should recognize that and allow you to re-download it for free when you auth the computer again.

3. Nomadski thread starter macrumors regular

Tks for the short (and longer!) answers. My PCs guts are being ripped out and completely replaced, so i didnt want this pc to be taking any of the 5 slots up.

I will back up the folder you said, just i case.

Thanks again. :)