New PC Convert

jessep28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Omaha, NE
Hi again:

I am sitting in front of my new iMac right now. I wanted to thank you all for helping me decide to move to Apple from the PC world. While I will not be able to escape PC's in the business world, I know my personal computing days will be easier and more fun.

It has been a long road since I was originally looking at a MacBook and ended up with a 20" iMac.

I can't describe how much more I like the OS than Windows. I will be really happy after I move all my junk over from my old Dell to the iMac.

Hopefully my transition from Windows to Mac OS will be a smooth one.

If I have any other questions, I will be sure to bring them up.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Jesse

pianoman

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
these forums are a great resource. i hope you will take advantage of the vast knowledge of the members here. i know i have.

welcome!

ChickenSwartz

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2006
jessep28 said:
I am sitting on my new iMac right now.
That is probably a bad idea. There was a post earlier of a guy falling off his bike onto his Nano, it didn't handle that so well. Your weight will probably damage the computer and that isn't covered by the warranty.

Just kidding. Enjoy!

fivetoadsloth

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
congratualtions with the imac, truly a marvelous machine. watch out, if you get to hooked youll end up sitting on a mac pro, and the repair for those is a whole lot more

elisha cuthbert

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2006
Melbourne
fivetoadsloth said:
congratualtiosn with the imac, truly a marvelous machine. watch out, if you get to hooked youll end up sitting on a mac pro, and the repair for those is a whole lot more
and dont even think about sitting on an xserve

jessep28

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2006
Omaha, NE
I will probably get a notebook next purchase.

I was one of the first customers to buy a computer from that Apple store (opened yesterday). I should have gotten a prize or something :).

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
Hopefully by now you've had time to check out a few fun keyboard tricks and shortcuts.

Expose is of course simply F9
Slow-mo Expose is Shift/ F9

Minimize Slow Mo is Shift/yellow button.

Text Zoom is Apple + or -

Negative display is Control/Option/Apple (together) and 8

Amaze your friends and family! :D

Also, I personally can't stand the Dock shadow.

Go to Versiontracker and download Clear Dock and Unsanity Applicaton Enhancer ( APE)
This removes the background shadow on your Dock and allows you to set the color
of your Application ON arrows to a color that shows up against your chosen wallpaper.
You have to log Off and back On to activate Clear Dock.

FFTT

macrumors 68030
Apr 17, 2004
A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero