Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

NEW Peak Design iPhone cases

mattdo93

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 2, 2010
Check out Peak Design's Kickstarter for their new line of phone cases here. What are your thoughts on them? I love how they're one of the first 3rd parties to be MagSafe compatible and that they're geared towards content creators as well. Peak Design quality and style has always been a favorite of mine. This new case does look a bit bulky but I personally love this entire ecosystem.

bobnugget

macrumors 6502
Nov 15, 2006
England
I think they look great! The car mount and tripod also look awesome, loving that tripod design. Unfortunately May 2021 ship date is a bit of a deal breaker for me, as if i buy a 12 mini, I'm sure to have scratched the hell out of it by then.

Comment

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
Seems awesome but I upgrade yearly and this isn't coming until mid 2021 so I will likely have to jump in on iPhone 13.

Comment

NorrisKillsKids

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
Too bulky at over 2mm imo. So unless all the creator stuff appeals to you, don't see much value in it. I'm sure it's well made though given their credentials.

Comment

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
Too bulky at over 2mm imo. So unless all the creator stuff appeals to you, don't see much value in it. I'm sure it's well made though given their credentials.
I must say looking at it more, it looks like the whole back is sort of unnecessarily thick just so they accommodate the deep connector indentation? Kind of would rather have just the little connector stick out like any PopSocket or whatever would than have much of the case get thicker to hide it...

Comment

redboxcar

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2009
I love Peak Design, but am also weary of the delivery date and bulkiness of the case. I may just back the project with the universal adapter to put on a case of my own, and pick up the car mount and the tripod.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.