New Penryn 2.4 owner with a question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MagnumJoe, Mar 5, 2008.

1. MagnumJoe macrumors regular

I'm proud to a "switcher" and really enjoying my new Penryn 2.4 MBP. I agree with other posters the stock LCD setting seems a bit washed out compared to the MB I have been using.

One thing I've noticed and not really sure how to explain it. When I scroll down the screen on this site and others I see a line. Its kind of like not having the right drivers on a windows OS. I understand, drivers aren't required for a Mac OS, just wondering if this the norm.

Any ideas?

2. taylorwilsdon macrumors 68000

taylorwilsdon

Change it to the Adobe profile for richer color and a more tungsten hue, or pick up a calibration tool for the most accurate configuration.

Drivers are required for Mac OS, but they are installed with new computers. I had a similar issue and it went away with time, so that might just be the case here. Try resetting the PRAM (google for the technique, but you press Command+Option+P+R before the computer boots)

3. MagnumJoe thread starter macrumors regular

I forgot to mention that the icc profile I'm using. I'll google the PRAM, thanks for your reply.

4. MagnumJoe thread starter macrumors regular

I tried the resetting the PRAM, the problem didn't go away. Maybe it will fix itself.

5. MagnumJoe thread starter macrumors regular

That didn't fix the problem, does anyone else have any suggestions?