New Penryn MBP: doesn't connect to network after sleep & yellow screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Wingnut330, Mar 23, 2008.

1. Wingnut330 macrumors 6502a

Hey all,

I'm bummed. I was so excited to buy this MBP, but I'm not having any luck with it so far. It has the yellow screen on the bottom and even more frustrating - it takes SIX MINUTES for it to resolve network settings and allow me on the web. :mad:

Some background. I have a brand new Time Capsule - less than one week old. It's working perfectly with my MBA, my Vista laptop and my XP desktop. The slow internet resolving issue sits squarely on my less than 24 hour old MBP.

I opened the box and installed all of the updates, so when I checked again today and there are no patches available.

Any suggestions?

2. bcaslis macrumors 68020

It shouldn't take anything like that long to resolve the network. I'm using a Time capsule and a new Penryn and it takes maybe 10 seconds? This is using 802.11n 5GHz only with WPA2 encryption. I guess I would try deleting the airport configuration in your network preferences and recreating it to see if that helps.

3. Wingnut330 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I tried that and I can't get it to work at all now. I'm typing this from my MBA. :confused: