New Penryn's January 6th...In store's January 15th?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Josheua, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Josheua macrumors regular

Alright Guys,

As all of you know, I enjoy discussion and speculation. So now that we have a tentative date for the release of the mobile Penryn's (set at January 6th 2008), do you think Apple will have their updated Penryn Macbook Pro's in stores by the time Steve gets on stage and the world hold's its breath to hear him utter his divine words? (mmmm..I love sarcasm). Or are we faithful few that have held the line and patiently awaited the release fo Apple's next generation MBP series be stuck waiting in the rain as Apple's chinese assemblers wait for intel to ship them some of these new, faster, smaller, processors.

Your opinions?

Mine: They will be in stores waiting for us.

-Josh :apple:

2. skuzzy macrumors member

There are more threads on this exact topic than I can count with two hands. Maybe check those out first and see if they don't answer your question.

3. Josheua thread starter macrumors regular

My specific question and my point of this forum (which I haven't seen a similar one) is if YOU think intel will be able to make the ship date and provide Apple enough processors taking into consideration Intel's history.

If you still think this is repetative I will move myself to a different forum....I just wanted to gather opinions.

4. skuzzy macrumors member

I have read on a few threads that Apple have probably already received or in the process of receiving the chips from Intel thus allowing them to manufacture them and get them ready for MW and their release.

5. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

redAPPLE

actually, it is quite a coincidence, that the chips will be ready by then hmm?

my take. sure, new mbps will be available (or announced) on the 15th.

my company has ordered mbps last week. how big is the chance, that they will be bumped?

i am thinking of an excuse to tell my boss, id rather wait for the next revision...