New Personal Site, Please comment

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by pcorajr, Aug 24, 2007.

1. pcorajr macrumors 6502

www.pcorajr.com

I use to have hosting with Godaddy where I had a wordpress site with a lot of info. I did not like the fact that i had to do a LOT of work to add new things to the site and since I switched to MAC I decided to take advantage of the .mac special.

This site is going to be mainly used by friend and family, as well as a place to post pictures about my hobbies. I am slowly starting to get into photography so in the near future I will be adding my first shots. I will also be posting photos on both the blog and photo albums page.

I am pretty happy with what I have achieved so far but I need more ideas. What else can I add? Does iWeb have any add ons I can add to my site? How can I optimize the site so that I loads faster?

Is there any resources online for iWeb? templates, widgets or tutorials? I have searched around for a iWeb tutorial type page but no luck so far.

Thanks for you input.

2. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

3. pcorajr thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the input, i was thinking the same about the grey/red combo on the hyper link. I'm wondering if there is a way to change this for the hole site instead of doing it for each link each time?

4. Sdashiki macrumors 68040

Sdashiki

thats called a CSS stylesheet.

:D

5. vanmacguy macrumors 6502a

I like it. It's nice and simple and it does what you want.

For a site like this, you don't want too many bells and whistles, I would leave the layout as it is and focus on the content.

In my opinion, people forget what having a site is all about, they're for presenting information to people that are not sitting next to you. And in the case of your family site, it's for sharing pictures, video and happenings. Things that are going on with your kids and your family.

Leave the template alone, leave the layout alone and load it chock full of content.

Good job and welcome to the wonderful world of Mac.

6. pcorajr thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks much for you input i will be adding a lot more photos and post under the blog over the weekend. I love the fact that I concentrate on the content and not worry about the technical part. The site is mainly used by friends and family mainly because it will allow us to save money in Prints and postage. We are going to make everything available to them and they can print their own pictures