New phone battery cover is stuck.

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mattydj, Apr 28, 2007.

1. Mattydj macrumors regular

I just bought a Samsung E250 and put the battery and sim in etc. But now i need to get the serial number from the phone which is underneath the battery. I have tried loads of stuff but the battery just will not budge. I've squeezed the side of the phone and pressed down on the cover while pushing and nothing happens. It's just stuck. If anybody has any advice on getting the cover off please advise.

2. nickster9224 macrumors 6502a

nickster9224

dinner knife. like the ones you use to butter your bread

3. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Have you pressed in the release button at the bottom?? If that doesn't work, take it back. If you use a knife and scratch it badly then they might not accept it back. If you cant get it off, take it to your nearest phone shop

4. Mattydj thread starter macrumors regular

This phone has no button to release it. But after alot of pain and a cut in my finger i finnally managed to force it off. I'm extremely surprised it came out undamaged.

5. Mammoth macrumors 6502a

Mammoth

How odd, my Samsung a640 battery door has never been able to come off, I tried the night I got it. Maybe Samsung uses a bad clip design.

6. 5683565 Suspended

Hey wow,

Yeah a year ago I got myself the Samsung ZV10 in New Zealand.

Same problem to start with. The damn thing wouldn't budge. However, I carefully used a dinner knife (as suggested before). It was hard for me to resort to, as I just bought the damn thing and was worried I wasn't doing it right...

7. b0tt094 macrumors 6502

b0tt094

I guess thats all samsung phones SCH-u740... I have to pretty much rip it offf.... It takes more energy to get this off then run stairs with a forty pound sand bag (trust me I kno):p :p

8. oxfordtours macrumors newbie

e250 battery cover stuck

Hi
    I've just bought a new phone and had the same problem of needing a knife to get the battery cover off with the consequent damage to the case. I would suggest that while using the knife press down in the centre on the ridge which you are supposed to push against to slide it off: there is a small locking pin there. Not a very clever design. You just have to have your multi-tool with you at all times. And the first aid kit for the cuts. Good job its a small light phone or you wouldnt have room.