New phone from apple online store uk..and it has someones else's details in?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TheDrift-, Sep 29, 2014.

1. TheDrift-, Sep 29, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2014

TheDrift- macrumors 6502a

TheDrift-

Ordered a new iPhone6 direct from apple online store Uk.

It came today and I selected restore from backup and chose my latest backup..then it says enter the password f

why are his details in my "new" iPhone6!! feel as tho its a return?

does anyone know?..this is coming up on the screen after choosing my backup to restore from?

2. Supermallet macrumors 65816

Supermallet

I had the same issue with mine, I put in my Apple ID, then later it asked me to input the password for an entirely different Apple ID. It couldn't have been a return as I got mine on Monday the 22nd direct from T-Mobile and it was still sealed. Some kind of bug in iOS or Apple's servers, I imagine.

I ended up using a third party application on my computer to back my 5S and restored it to my 6 Plus. I could have done it through iTunes as well but the third party app did it faster.

3. braindead5400 macrumors regular

Do you have any pirated music in your library? It possible that's the account some music in your library was originally purchased from and its prompting you to use the password so it can download the songs again from iTunes.

4. TheDrift- thread starter macrumors 6502a

TheDrift-

no but i have found out its a work colleagues son..so assuming when we have swapped work phones etc at some point something got switched over..had phones since 2008 so prob got messed up at some point?

anyway my big worry was it was a return sent out as a new phone which is not the case