All iPads New phone or tablet

Discussion in 'iPad' started by realrick, Nov 1, 2014.

?

new phone or new ipad

1. iPhone

15 vote(s)
    78.9%
  2. Ipad(mini)

4 vote(s)
    21.1%
  1. realrick macrumors newbie

I currently own an ip 5 and a ipad 2. I have enough money to buy one of these but which one should I get first. New iphone or new ipad( this time mini)

2. Kroner, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014

Kroner macrumors regular

Kroner

I currently have an iPhone 5 and iPad 3, and I have decided to get myself an iPad Air 2.

Reason for that is because:
    1) I can´t enjoy some of the new features with iOS 8 and Yosemite on my iPad 3 (Hand-off), which I can on my iPhone.

2a) With certain applications cutting off features (Pixelmator) for my iPad. I take it as a sign that the hardware limitations have finally gone too far.
    Between my iPad and iPhone, I mostly use the iPad. So it is more important for me that the iPad is more reasonable up to date.

Perhaps I would have used my iPhone more if the display was larger. Still I rather wait for next version. Giving the developers some time to optimise their apps for the larger displays, and giving the banks in my country more time to implement Apple Pay.

Edit: Pixelmator just released an update allowing more devices use the repair tool.

3. ELPresidente720 macrumors 6502

4. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I'd go for the phone as I would carry it with me when I leave the house.

5. CEmajr, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2014

CEmajr macrumors 601

Easy choice, get the phone. You'll have it with you almost all the time and use it a lot more. Upgrade the iPad later when you have some spare cash lying around as it's not as important.

6. luked14 macrumors 6502

You'd probably benefit more from a new iPhone. If you went for the 6 Plus, you might even find that you don't want to get an iPad Mini.