iPhone XR New Phone, then what?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Codeseven, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Codeseven macrumors 6502a

My ex-wife worked for AT&T so I never had to deal with activating new cell phones, and carriers. (My carrier is still AT&T)

I want the new iPhone XR to replace my old 5S. Uhm, do I just order it online from Apple? Then what do I do with it to use it with my carrier? Or, do I go to an AT&T store, buy it there and have them do the rest? Thanks

2. 0970373 Suspended

You can do either of those things. Follow prompts online or if you go to an Apple or AT&T store, the sales person will help you.

3. Crow_Servo macrumors regular

Crow_Servo

You can order it online directly from your carrier. That’s what I always do.

4. Jordan921 macrumors 601

Jordan921

My suggestion would be to find the closest Apple store or at&t store nearest you and pay they them a visit.

But if you do just order online just make sure you have selected at&t as your carrier. Make sure you backup old phone and when you receive new phone just restore from backup and you’re good to go.

5. Codeseven thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys. There’s an Apple store not too far from me. Wonder how many XR’s are left available, especially on a Saturday. Might have to give them a call.

6. NorthSeaBeach, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2018

NorthSeaBeach macrumors 6502

I always buy from Apple because of the no questions asked return policy when I think something's not right with the phone.

I get a sim only contract from a carrier. No limits everything for €35/month. But I'm located in the Netherlands and from what I've heard there are no such deals in the US.

7. Otflyer macrumors 6502a

Otflyer

There are 7 Apple stores within 20 miles of me. I checked online today and they all have all models of the XR.