New phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by realrick, Nov 1, 2014.

?

Chang or wait

1. iPhone 6

36 vote(s)
    72.0%
  2. 6S

9 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. 7

5 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. realrick macrumors newbie

Change from ip 5 to ip6 or wait until 6s or 7

2. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

I have a 5 that works fine and does everything I want it to do. The function delta in the 6/6+ that Apple offers for the money is not enough for me to ditch a perfectly functional phone. I'll hold on to see what Apple comes up with the 6s or maybe even holdout until the 7. One thing I am doing is not upgrading iOS beyond 7.1.2.

3. Dewfang macrumors member

There will always be something better! That is why I upgrade only after 2 years. I have the 5 as well and am due now. Will be getting the 6+.

4. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I can't understand the question... Are you asking an advice to upgrade your current iPhone 5? In this case I think the iPhone 6 is a very good upgrade.

5. realrick thread starter macrumors newbie

Just asking because is it worth or not

6. jim.hickman.777 macrumors regular

Going to the 6 is a no-brained for me I'm saving $40 a month and get a perfect new iPhone couldn't be better AT&T

7. TruckdriverSean macrumors 6502a

It's a good upgrade. Very happy.

I've got two lines, so I upgrade every year to a new phone, and even from the 5s I was happy.

8. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

Imho absolutely yes.
    The upgrade from a 5S could be debatable, especially if you like the 4" form factor, but from the 5 it worth.

9. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

As much as I'd rather wait for the 6S, or even the 7, I need a phone, so the 6 it will have to be :(.

10. SpasticPat macrumors 6502

SpasticPat

It's a good upgrade. I went from an iPhone 5 to an iPhone 6+ and when I hold the 5 in my hand now I can't believe how small it was or that I could ever stand such a small screen. Go for it.

11. that be me macrumors 6502

If you want a bigger screen then yes.
    If you don't then no.
    If your phone seems slow then yes.
    If it's fine in your opinion then no.

12. iPhilPHX macrumors regular

iPhilPHX

I think the 6 is a good upgrade from the 5, although I would definitely have kept my 5 longer if it weren't for the battery no longer lasting for even a full day. It's still a beautiful phone.

13. EdMan macrumors 6502

EdMan

I went to a 6 from the 5 and there's quite a difference between them. My 5 functioned fine and was only a year old. The form is different enough to make the upgrade worthwhile. At least it was for me.

14. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Keep the 5 until at least the 6S when Apple is gonna have to make a stronger phone to avoid bending issues.

15. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

16. luked14 macrumors 6502

Going from the 5 to the 6 is a pretty big upgrade just with Touch ID and the A8 processor. The bigger screen is icing on the cake.

17. snowleopard13 macrumors regular

upgraded from a 16GB 5 to a 64GB 6 and there is absolutely no going back! having a bigger screen is awesome and it is still operatable one-handed with a few days getting used to. plus touch-id, faster performance, better camera, better speaker. and i can finally put some music on my phone again with 64GB, never think about the size of apps, recording videos and simple things like updating the software(!!).

18. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Get the iPhone 6/6 Plus so you're on the iPhone # cycle and not the iPhone #s cycle. That way the design of your iPhone stays relevant for 2 years. That's that I did. :)

19. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

The S cycles get "relevant" internals for 2 years. You could say the design stays "current", but I don't see how an iPhone 5S suddenly became "irrelevant" now?

20. Garen macrumors regular

Garen

21. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I think that the upgrade from the 5 to the 6/6+ is significant enough to do the upgrade.