New Phone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by BERRYP186, Feb 17, 2017.

1. BERRYP186 macrumors member

I had to replace my 6 plus (jail broken) with a new 7 plus. I have had it a week, had problems with siri so they had me update the phone to try and fix it. When that happen I was now at 10.2.1 witch I did not want.So my question is if I restore the phone back to factory will it still have 10.2.1 or will it go back to what it was when I first got it?

2. FLYING SE7EN macrumors regular

FLYING SE7EN

You're stuck on 10.2.1, there's no going back, and consequently, you cannot jailbreak at this time.

3. eyoungren macrumors Core

eyoungren

Ah, the old 'factory reset' theory!

Apple doesn't use those terms. They call it "Erase All Contents and Settings" on the device itself. Notice none of that has the words 'factory reset'.

So, what does Erase All Contents and Settings do?

It erases everything and restores your phone to the EXACT same firmware you're ALREADY on. So 10.2.1 is what you're at. That's what you'll get if you Erase All Contents and Settings.

Apple has never had a 'factory reset'.

And Apple doesn't let you downgrade. 'Factory reset' implies a downgrade. Not going to happen with Apple.

4. BERRYP186 thread starter macrumors member

Well that's what I thought, just had to ask. Screwed for a while I guess sure miss my jail break. cheers