New Phone?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by TimJim, Jul 15, 2007.

1. TimJim macrumors 6502a

i need a new phone cause my old phone broke. i have verizon and dont know if i want to switch and get the iphone. what are the best phones for verizon or what good phones are coming out.

2. Peace macrumors P6

Peace

3. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I think he was asking more about Verizon options.

www.phonescoop.com
    That's a good site for the latest phones by carriers, brand, or what have you. They got user reviews and a bunch of other helpful stuff. That's a good site, take a look. Hope that helps.

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Yuk....Verizon is terrible, I'd switch to get away from them if I were you, not even looking into iPhone.

But since it sounds like you want to stay, look at there smartphones....the only thing they can't screw up too much.

5. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Seriously, some people are forced with Verizon simply because they have the best service where ever they go, including me. If he wants to stay, that's his choice.

Anyways, for Verizon, the Chocolate2 came out a few days ago and people are liking it. There's also the enV. Stay away from the RAZR maxx Ve as it is notorious with bad build quality.

You really need to reply with what you want in a phone (features, look, reception, etc.), what you'll be using it for, and your price range. Note that since you are most likely still in contract, you will have to pay full retail price for a phone, which means you'll be spending a lot of money unless you go the eBay/craigslist route.

6. adk macrumors 68000

adk

I have the Samsung a930 and while it's nothing flashy, it does everything I want it to - most notably getting good reception and sound quality. Sure, it will play verizon's $1.99 songs if you feel like paying for them too, and it has your average crappy cellphone camera too. If you just want something simple, though, I highly recommend it.