New Photo Site ...Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by mcphoto, Aug 16, 2007.

1. mcphoto macrumors newbie

I wanted to show you my new web site.

http://web.mac.com/michaelcampbellphoto/Site/Welcome.html

(if link does not work try copy and paste.
    I purchased Apple's iWeb on Saturday and on Sunday I built this web. Considering it is my first attempt t web design it is not too bad. Lots of room for improvement
    What do you think any suggestions?
    and expansion.

Michael

Attached Files:

2. thr33face macrumors 6502

My suggestions:

It is strange that the first image points to apple.com, this is kinda confusing.

I would get rid of the shadows under the photos. I don't like the yellow frame around the thumbnails.

have a nice day.

3. mcphoto thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks that link was a mistake I changed it and I agree about the yellow frames I removed those too.
    Much appreciated your helpful comments.
    Have a nice day yourself
    Michael

4. Keebler macrumors 68030

5. mcphoto thread starter macrumors newbie

Attached Files:

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

By the time I saw this thread your site had changed for the better, I clicked the first link.
    I think, to be honest, this is the time when I'll say your site seems to be useable but that doesn't even seem to matter because this is the case when your work is so outstanding that I wouldn't care of your site were done in all florescent colors! There are times when the work speaks for itself and you absolutely are one of those people.

7. compuwar macrumors 601

compuwar

I don't get any images at all in Firefox, possibly because my Firefox proxy strips browser info, but all in all the result is "she no work."

8. mcphoto thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the kind words

On Saturday I had 37 kids from the Hollywood Group to photograph in 5 hours I took over 900 photographs ... It was work. $35 cash each

This morning I just tried a quick experiment as I had found some old Nikon cables. Having seen Phil Borges photos taken in Africa etc I wanted to see how you can easily control the worst lighting for portraiture.

I hooked my S5 up to the SB800 on a stand and used a scrim over Annalise. Mid day sun nasty shadows...
    Then did a bit of selective toning in Photoshop.
    Dead easy way to do outdoor portraits in horrible light conditions . The whole thing took 15 minutes from going out the door to making the print.
    see with and without control below...
    cheers
    MC

Attached Files:

9. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

You mentioned shooting with an S5, is that the Fuji S5? How do you like the camera image quality?