New Photography Setup

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by SouthTexas, Apr 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SouthTexas, Apr 21, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2012

SouthTexas macrumors newbie

Greetings everyone. For quite sometime now, I have owned an 11" MacBook Air baseline model. Unfortunately, my old 20" iMac pooped out on me a few days ago, so I was stuck with only my Air. In the future, I may purchase a 15" MacBook Pro, but for now, I am perfectly happy with my MacBook Air setup.

My current setup is a: 32 inch Samsung HDTV, MacBook Air 11 (2011 version), Nikon P100 camera, WD Hard Drive, Nikon P100, A lamp, Chick-Fil-A milkshake on coaster, some pics, and a trophy. In front of the TV is a 32gb iPad WiFi+3G without 3G activated. I run Aperture to organize my photos, and do some basic light edits, and use Photoshop Elements 9 for my heavier detail editing. ALSO, I HAVE A NIKON D7000 AND A CANON T3I AT MY STUDIO, THANKS TO THOSE SMART ALLICS WHO DID NOT "BELIEVE ME" FOR WHATEVER REASON. WILL POST PICS OF THAT LATER.

How do you guys like my setup? Please feel free to post pics of your own as well.

Cheers! ~James

2. Smiller4128 macrumors member

I think its actually awesome how you were able to staple everything to your ceiling like that...risky but i think it paid off ;)

3. SouthTexas thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol could you be so kind as to tell me how to flip the picture to the correct visual orientation? :confused:

4. atMac macrumors 6502

Not to sound mean, but how do you work in photography and not know how to rotate an image?

5. SouthTexas thread starter macrumors newbie

I am new to the MacRumors website, and I have never worked with this type of software before. On my desktop, the image is rotated the correct way. I suggest you respect others, and you won't have to make yourself feel better by being smart.

cheers

6. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

how can you single out atmac when you understood the joke by Smiller4128?! Atmac did state "not to sound mean" at the beginning of his post.

You gotta have a bit of humour in life and take a bit of criticism without singling out anyone - I get it ALL the time on these boards. You cannot imagine how many users are spell checkers or grammar police ... its insane.

You could review your original post at time of posting and see what we're all seeing, then edit with a blurb asking for help, I guess.

Thank you for posting your setup though and I hope members on Macrumors.com site will be helpful to you on using your software and maybe helpful tips on how to maximize your hardware to work better with your SW (by hardware I mean your camera tools).

Cheers.

7. DVD9 macrumors 6502a

I installed the Upside Down extension in Chrome. Not much to see in your picture, especially the camera. Where is the little fellow hiding? If you have any interest in photography you need to spend your money on a DSLR and a set of lenses.

You don't need much computing power at all to edit photographs. An Air can handle Lightroom and Photoshop just fine.

8. leman macrumors 604

MacRumors shows you image as it is. Maybe you rotated it on your computer but forgot to save it. Anyway, you are a nice "professional" indeed (and I am not even starting about you opening a thread on a forum just to boast about some new toys).

9. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Sorry, but to call this a Photography Setup is laughable, you just own a camera. I hate the fact I'm in the same profession as you, at least use some basic equipment that is up to the job, a Bridge camera does not cut it.

I wouldn't have posted this, but you can't take criticism, and its pretty damn obvious, so here you go. Start learning, criticism is one of the greatest learning tools in a visual medium.

Also, I do all my Photography work on the machine in my sig, difference is its connected to a colour correct monitor in a well lit environment, and I'm working on files from a 7D, you don't need the extra power, I don't, so your little bridge camera definitely doesn't.

10. SouthTexas thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a Nikon D7000 and a Canon T3I at my studio buddy!

----------

These are not "toys" and these are not "new". I have been using this setup for quite some time now, only i moved it from my studio. I was just trying to get to know some people on MacRumors, no need to be so assertive. It is not appreciated. I will post a picture of my studio setup later with my Nikon and Canon cameras. Go pick on somebody else. Thanks.

----------

Thank you. and my apologies, I must not have read his thread very clearly. Have a nice day.

11. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

What's the point of this thread? What did I miss?

12. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Odd choice to have 2 prosumer DSLRs of different brands rather than one higher spec?

Either way, colour correct monitor is a must, can't edit on a TV, colours will be all off, they are designed to make TV look good, not match a print.

13. SouthTexas thread starter macrumors newbie

Lol, I know this is a setup at my house that is just to mess around on! My studio consists of several Thunderbolt displays.

14. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

Wouldn't really call it a Photography setup then, its a home setup.

Although, pics of this studio, 2 room affair?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.