new photos not appearing in media browser

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by bnaturalcsharp, Oct 29, 2009.

1. bnaturalcsharp macrumors newbie

I can upload and view new photos just fine into iPhoto. However, when I use any application that requires opening/inserting/uploading a file (I've tried Firefox, Safari, Flickr Uploadr, Pages etc.) the new events do not appear when clicking on Media > Photos.

This started about two weeks ago but unfortunately I haven't backed up my computer and can't go back in Time Machine. I'm using 10.6.1. Any ideas?

2. Ashka macrumors 6502a

Ashka

First try Restarting your Mac ~ usually works.

3. bnaturalcsharp thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, should've mentioned that's the first thing I tried and have several times since with no luck.

4. twarner776 macrumors member

Is there any update in this? The same thing happened to me and I noticed after updating to 10.6. So yesterday I finally gave in and reloaded back to 10.5 and still have the same problem.

5. twarner776 macrumors member

ive done some quick google search and can not find where to reinstall this from. im not sure how the install could be bad being I just reinstalled the OS and had the same issue in 10.6

6. bnaturalcsharp thread starter macrumors newbie

I fixed it! :)

I stumbled across this page and did everything it asked. Ultimately I think it was a problem with one of my "Facebook Albums" that had an ampersand in it. Basically make sure you don't have any weird characters in your events/albums, then delete all the preferences/xml files they ask you to.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1192

7. bnaturalcsharp thread starter macrumors newbie

I lost the album with the error so if it's important you might want to back up first.