New Photoshop Glitch

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dlbmacfan, Jul 18, 2013.

1. dlbmacfan macrumors regular

I posted this in the news forum, but I thought I'd post it here too.

The fix is working for me in Photoshop CS6! But now I'm getting a new graphics glitch; not nearly as bothersome, but a problem nonetheless. Let's say I'm running several programs including Photoshop. When I switch from another program to Photoshop by using Mission Control, I get a flickering glimpse of the the program window I'm switching from superimposed on Photoshop. It only lasts a split second but it's annoying. Anyone else having this problem? I should note that I don't get the problem when I switch from Photoshop to another program.

2. Code.Red macrumors regular

3. ylrd macrumors member

ylrd

Is that a new glitch? I've always noticed it with my iMac and never thought about it :confused:

4. mattferg macrumors 6502

Just launched everything in my dock inc. Photoshop and did some editing. Switched to another app in Mission Control. No bug for me!

Also, the update wasn't 10.8.5, so you need to change the title of the thread. Unless you're using a dev build, which would probably explain your issues with MC.

5. dlbmacfan thread starter macrumors regular

The bug for me happens when I switch from another program to Photoshop, not the other way around. It's the second MBA I've had that exhibits the bug. I was headed to the Apple Store yesterday to exchange my mid-2013 MBA because of the original PS flickering bug. Shortly before I left for the store, the software update came out; I installed it and it fixed the original bug. But it created a new problem when using Mission Control to switch to Photoshop. Because of the new problem I decided to swap out my Air for a new one. The new one exhibits the exact same app-switching behavior as the old one.

Also I switched the title of the thread and deleted 10.8.5.

6. dlbmacfan thread starter macrumors regular

7. mattferg macrumors 6502

Ohh you mean that little flicker? I thought you meant some sort of weird ghosting. Yeah I do get that, no biggie.

8. travod macrumors member

That's weird. On my Macbook I never used to get anything like that, but when I downloaded Cinch it started happening often.