New pics iPhone 8 mold

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jacmeister, May 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jacmeister macrumors newbie

jacmeister

Some new stuff emerged on twitter this morning from Benjamin Geskin who claims that fingerprint reader will be on front and not back. If this is case then I am super happy as never felt right having on back on my android devices

iPhone X (#iPhone8) with iPhone 7s and 7s Plus.

Form is 100% confirmed.
    Touch ID in power button or display. (99% NOT on the back) https://twitter.com/VenyaGeskin1/status/866574410794270722/photo/1

2. Relentless Power, May 22, 2017
    Last edited: May 22, 2017

Relentless Power macrumors G5

Relentless Power

This doesn't make it 100% confirmed unless Apple verifies. But it is interesting to see where these rumors lead for the questionable home button placement. This will easily be a front page article at some point today.

3. jacmeister thread starter macrumors newbie

jacmeister

I'm with you on this, it's not 100% for sure. Just seems as though there isn't a place on rear for fingerprint scanner in a lot of things that I have seen recently.

4. Tork macrumors regular

Tork

If true, that long power button makes you wonder if it might be there, as the tweet suggests is a possibility. Seems too skinny though. Not sure how I feel about the idea....

5. gifo macrumors regular

100% confirmed...10 minutes later pictures of the case with no cutout for the power button.

6. jacmeister thread starter macrumors newbie

jacmeister

This seems to be de rigeur now with new phones and aspect ratio etc. I am quite happy to have a bigger screen inside a smaller frame as sometimes my plus model can be cumbersome. Just really hope they can fit a big enough battery and not go too slim on body
    --- Post Merged, May 22, 2017 ---

Nice, well spotted!

#iPhone8 Case.

(Made by third party company based on information from Foxconn) https://twitter.com/VenyaGeskin1/status/866587335810572289/photo/1

7. gifo macrumors regular

imho releasing 3 new phones is a really dumb move

8. jacmeister thread starter macrumors newbie

jacmeister

I would have liked them just to have released the 8 only but that's not going to happen any more now.

9. gifo macrumors regular

am i missing something? they have not released anything at the moment.
    moreover i clearly remember that in the video teaser of the ip7 Ive said that the design of the 7 was the perfected form of the 6 series, "the best iteration" or something like that.
    i don't think they will release 7s and an 8 all together.

10. plexdk macrumors 6502

maybe they'll discontinue iPhone 6s, and then just keep "cheap" versions of the 7... thats why we see molds of those guys?

11. jacmeister thread starter macrumors newbie

jacmeister

But it's still conjecture until Apple announce it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.