New Plays Not Counted

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by hmckay12, Oct 4, 2015.

1. hmckay12 macrumors newbie

I'm currently experiencing an issue where most of my song plays haven't been counted.

I have no idea how long this issue has been going on, every song I play via iTunes is counted, however, not all plays are counted from songs I've listened to on my iPhone (e.g it counted 4 plays out of about 17 songs)

From what I can tell, a similar issue was prevalent around 2011/2012, however, I cannot see any recent reports of this. Looking at my play count, it looks like this issue started around early August (I was on a public beta at this point)

Has anyone experienced this recently or have any possible causes/solutions?

2. schmegs macrumors newbie

schmegs

I was just wondering about this. I have a smart playlist with just unplayed songs from the last couple of months that I sync to my phone. After the iOS 9 update, none of the songs were being eliminated from that playlist after being played. I checked in iTunes after syncing my phone, and it's not counting any plays from the phone.

Anyone in 9.1 beta seeing this?

3. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

See this. Some iTunes purchased songs don't count play count on iPhone. Running iOS 9.1 beta 3.

4. hmckay12 thread starter macrumors newbie

It's completely inconsistent as to what songs it counts and doesn't count, purchased or not purchased

5. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

This is an Apple Music/Match problem. It also effects Last Played (play date/time). It will actually do the first track played in 24 hours but after that it will not update the metadata.

6. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

But I never use Apple Music and issue is the same.

7. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Do you use Match?

8. hmckay12 thread starter macrumors newbie

That doesn't make sense as there have been instances where it counts the plays of 3/4 different songs within 24 hours

9. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

Doesn't have that courage to try match.