Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

notheremuch

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2005
I got my new PM G5 today, I transferred all of my data in T mode as prompted from my iMac G4. (Yes, the Mighty Mouse worked perfectly on it - both running Tiger)

Now, I cannot get the MM to work on the PM. First I thought, oh s---, then I remembered to update to 10.4.2. Then I installed the MM driver and restarted. Still no luck. The cursor tracks fine, the scroll works in some windows, the "center" button usually activates Expose, but it is impossible to use left or right clicks.

Help!!!

yenko

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2005
SouthWest-USA
notheremuch said:
I got my new PM G5 today, I transferred all of my data in T mode as prompted from my iMac G4. (Yes, the Mighty Mouse worked perfectly on it - both running Tiger)

Now, I cannot get the MM to work on the PM. First I thought, oh s---, then I remembered to update to 10.4.2. Then I installed the MM driver and restarted. Still no luck. The cursor tracks fine, the scroll works in some windows, the "center" button usually activates Expose, but it is impossible to use left or right clicks.

Help!!!

Have you configured your mouse in "System Preferences"? :eek:

notheremuch

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 11, 2005
Well I try, but the clicks do not work. If I plug in a single click mouse, I get the single click Sys Pref>Mouse options. If I, while in the menu, plug in the MM, now I get a multi button option, but not MM!!!

Once in a while, I get the MM options in the Sys>Mouse area, but again, the buttons do not work!! Outside of this window, however, the Apple Logo button top left works and in the Finder I can scroll - but again rarely, if ever, do the L + R buttons work.

I just rebooted, with the MM attached, and cannot click into the Mouse area even. (I have installed the MM driver, twice in fact.) I will call ACare but they are closed in Europe...

yenko

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2005
SouthWest-USA
notheremuch said:
Well I try, but the clicks do not work. If I plug in a single click mouse, I get the single click Sys Pref>Mouse options. If I, while in the menu, plug in the MM, now I get a multi button option, but not MM!!!

Once in a while, I get the MM options in the Sys>Mouse area, but again, the buttons do not work!! Outside of this window, however, the Apple Logo button top left works and in the Finder I can scroll - but again rarely, if ever, do the L + R buttons work.

I just rebooted, with the MM attached, and cannot click into the Mouse area even. (I have installed the MM driver, twice in fact.) I will call ACare but they are closed in Europe...

Have you tried the obvious: Repair Permissions>Restart? :rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.