Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dayloon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 19, 2005
Stafford, UK
My first ever mac arrived today but i'm having problems with the bluetooth keyboard and mouse. Every now and then the mouse with become really slow and jittery and the keyboard will not respond (or just respond REALLY slowly). Occasionally it also says "connection lost" and i have to turn it off and on again to re-establish the connection. Have tried re-seating the bluetooth antena on the back without success.

Any help appreciated !

Nickygoat

macrumors 6502a
Dec 11, 2004
London
I'm not sure about the "connection lost" but I had similar problems with my BT mouse. Go to System Preferences->KB and Mouse and adjust the tracking speed for the mouse and the repeat rate for the KB (upwards). This helped a lot for me but my mouse does occasionally "zing" off to another part of the screen - the only reason I can think of for this is dirt on the mouse mat.
Are you sure the slider on the mouse is fully down? It slides most of the way easily and then you need to click it firmly into place.
HTH

jestershinra

macrumors regular
Sep 4, 2004
Optical mice are not all they're touted to be. They're fairly restrictive as far as location. Make sure you aren't on glass/anything shiny/anything very smooth. I've had best luck with a mouse pad, or coarse paper (construction paper).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.