Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
it sucks. It doesn't even show the album artwork for the current episode playing it only shows the overall show episode.........LAME

cfibanez

macrumors newbie
Mar 28, 2009
it sucks. It doesn't even show the album artwork for the current episode playing it only shows the overall show episode.........LAME

Agreed. It is a real pain. The interface is horendous and there is no good way to navigate among unplayed episodes of the same show. Big disappointment.

qubeofwar

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2012
I think it will get better. It's a start anyway. At the very least, it will reduce the bulk of itunes

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Well the music app still has podcasts in it. The Podcast app does even less then the "music" app. I am so picky and not showing album art bothers me....but even the music app bothers me because I sync the latest 3 episodes of all podcasts and the music app shows the set of the 3 always....not the latest of the 3. grrr...I like the new art.

NMF

macrumors 6502a
Oct 27, 2011
How do you get it to download new episodes? I thought that was the whole point of having a dedicated app, and you can't even do that at all?

This app is so unbelievably terrible it blows my mind. What the HELL was Apple thinking?

elie3173

macrumors newbie
Jul 5, 2012
Apparently it was done because Apple wasn't making any money off of their previous podcast arrangement. People would be making the podcasts for free and any ad plugins that those podcasters (sp?) were endorsing would make any money that was there to be made.

I read it up in an article before, I can't for the life of me remember what it was, but it gave some insight into it. What I got from it was that Apple wasn't making money and one of the big things that they implemented into this new app was the ability to skip the first 10 seconds in the beginning, to avoid listeners being advertised to by third-party companies.

Anyways, I've only recently started to get into the whole podcast world maybe a month ago and since I got the app for my 4S this past week I can say that I actually like it. Then again, I'm not as skilled in the mythical arts of podcast formatting so things like album art not updating haven't bothered me much.

Ignorance is bliss :rolleyes:.

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Ya. I am the artist of the music and the original artwork that is on each episode. That's why I care. Otherwise I probably wouldn't either..

Stevenandinoo

macrumors newbie
Jun 28, 2012
New Podcast App

Apple released a new standalone Podcasts app this week for iPhones and iPads. Apparently the rumors were true: with the release of a separate Podcasts app, the iTunes store is slimming down, at least on iOS.

djsound

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 4, 2006
Apple released a new standalone Podcasts app this week for iPhones and iPads. Apparently the rumors were true: with the release of a separate Podcasts app, the iTunes store is slimming down, at least on iOS.

You're a little late for the party. That's what this whole thread is about..

9Benua

macrumors regular
Aug 20, 2011
WTF, I came from ipod touch 3rd gen and podcast listening is my primary use for it. On iOS 5, I still can use my music app to access my podcast. Obviously, I'm not happy when they separate the video podcast to video app, but it's tolerable. Now I just got iPhone 4s to replace my ipod touch. iOS6 disable playing podcast on music app :mad: My complaints with the podcast app:

1. 10 sec rewind, wtf, I want 30 sec or at least the option to choose how many seconds I can rewind. I'm listening my podcast during rush hour drive to work, 10 sec rewind = 2 touch too many.
2. My podcast episode is all over the place. I'm listening to Bob&Sheri which divide their daily podcast into 4 sections. I have to make sure I'm listening the next hour everytime the podcast ended. It doesn't help when there's also another glitch when you choose one episode and it's playing another episode instead.
3. The interface sucks.

This is just the first day, I'm sure I can find more between the next few days. What's wrong with you Apple for releasing such a botched apps to replace a good working app. :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.