new portfolio/personal site

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Took about a month, but I think I finally finished my new website. I'm on the lookout for any bugs I might have missed while getting it ready, but other than that, I think it's green-lighted. Curious what your opinions of it are, and etc...

http://www.andybloxham.com

Take care!

Demon Hunter

macrumors 68020
Mar 30, 2004
Dude that is a sweet website. I've been meaning to make one of those for myself one of these days... :rolleyes:

Original, good colors... gets 5/5 from me. Thought the baby pictures were a bit weird though... or maybe not so many? :confused:

Also you have a wicked signature. Any tips on cool signatures? :)

feyd_ehway

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2005
kcmo
passing through.... quick check....

i am on the low level of the cable spectrum and your site loaded quite nicely- and i had no problem with the variation on the navigation.
my 60 second view! good luck ;)
(i, however, am still working on download speeds... *light hearted sigh*) :D
-feyd

rkristich

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2005
Punta Gorda, Florida
Your website looks very nice, I wish I had the skills to do such a thing. Oh well, that's why there's .mac homepages, for web design inept people like me.

I do have a question though: in the photography section under animals, first picture on the left, second row, what on earth is that? It's a very interesting looking animal.

Your photography is very nice by the way; what camera do you have?

dornoforpyros

macrumors 68040
Oct 19, 2004
Calgary, AB
pretty dang sweet actually. It's got it's own sence of style with out being impossible to use.
My only point would be that I personally don't care for screen shots that include the browser(in your case safari) framing around them. My thought on it is I'd rather show the design bigger and in more detail than use up screen space for the browser stuff.
But that's really a minor detail, over all pretty slick.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
FrankieTDouglas, that is a very nice site. I am very impressed. I really like the style of your site. Regarding the main links; is that a font, or did you hand write that?

What kind of digital do you have? (I liked your photography as well)

FrankieTDouglas

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Thanks guys for the comments!

How to get a signature? Practice! Since I was a little kid, I've been working on a signature.

The weird animal is called a "Z-donk." It's a combination of zebra and donkey.

I use a Pentax Optio 30 3mp camera. There are a small handful of photos that were taken with film (a compact Canon Sure Shot, and a KSX SLR), but around 95% are with the digital.

Regarding the main links, there were written by hand and scanned in.