New poster, strong motivation

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by CallMeWonder, Aug 12, 2011.

1. CallMeWonder macrumors newbie

I'm Jay, 16, and live in a small town in Washington. I want to get into the application business. I do realize how difficult it is, I know it requires a lot of knowledge, dedication, and time. I do have a lot of motivation to get into this business as when you are successful it can pay off big.

I was wondering, what steps do you guys suggest I take right now to help my future.

I plan on being a regular poster on here.

2. CallMeWonder thread starter macrumors newbie

3. vettori macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Do you already have the basics (programming, objective-c, cocoa touch) ?
    If you're alone you'll also need average knowledge of graphics and how to produce graphic files.

If you haven't all these it will take probably half an year or more to become enough proficient to use your knowledge to enter the app business.

Good luck with your project !!

4. CallMeWonder thread starter macrumors newbie

I have no prior experience in coding, where do you suggest I start. It doesn't necessarily have to do with App development

5. vettori macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

If you have time, I suggest you to first learn a modern object oriented language like Java. It will teach you the basics and it's easier than objective-c. You'll also find a lot more books or articles on the Internet.

A typical good 'learning' book on java is 'Core Java'.

Happy learning :)

6. CallMeWonder thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks man can you sort of give me a timeline on which steps I should take?

7. vettori macrumors 6502a

My last suggestion is that to become an independent developer you need to learn hard how to do-it-yourself.
    So go buy that book, start studying and you'll see when and what to do next.