New power button location

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Halamire, Sep 21, 2014.

1. Halamire macrumors regular

Halamire

Anyone else hate the location of the power button, I'm always pressing it on accident when im playing a game in landscape.
    And I'm weird my home button has to be on the left when using it in landscape.

2. EarthDawn macrumors 6502a

EarthDawn

YES.. and its really starting to piss me off.. 7 years in the same spot and now I am trying to get use to the new location :mad:

But it's all changing so I guess I will adapt

3. bryancee macrumors regular

I agree. Annoying to change it after 7 years. I get why they did it though and yes its time to adapt. I am getting use to it already.

4. Lloydbm41 macrumors 68040

Lloydbm41

Most Android phones and all Windows Phones have it on the right. Pretty much the industry standard.

5. nicki155 macrumors newbie

I hate it too. I have a Samsung tablet which has it on the side too and I have always hated it. You end up accidentally pressing it all the time just because of where the location is.

The other problem is that it's a little too soft now. It's so easy to press! The button used to require more force in older iphones so there wasn't much chance you would accidentally press it even if you touched it.

6. kels0119 macrumors member

kels0119

It took me forever to take a screen shot on my phone :p

7. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

I'm still getting used to it. The top seemed fine, but I can probably adapt. I've accidentally hit it twice while operating the volume rocker. It's directly opposite, so I squeeze the phone and... oops.

8. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

Don't hold it like an ape and you won't accidently press it. I have yet to press mine ;)

9. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

I agree. I have yet to miss press any button on the phone. It's really not that difficult to adjust to new devices. Even seven years isn't a big deal or great length of time.

10. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

Not a fan, and a screen shot took multiple attempts.

Awkward.

11. bakron1 macrumors member

I have got used to the button on the right side versus being on the top on the previous models. Seems to be the standard on all smartphones these days. Not a big deal.

12. TroyBoy30 macrumors 68000

TroyBoy30

and ive hated those for years. i was so hoping apple wouldnt move it. I also have a hard time finding it on my plus

13. caprica21 macrumors member

Hate word doesn't describe it fully. Why they have to change this when it was working so good? Perfect position at top.

I know i will eventually get used to it (like all others) but right now every time I try to push power button, ringer button also gets pushed, which is annoying.

Also don't try to push power button with one hand casually, unless you are able to grip the phone properly. Else it has tendency to shake and may fell down. :eek:

14. Halamire thread starter macrumors regular

Halamire

Yeah I press it when I'm using my volume rocker and it's quite annoying. But I'll adapt

15. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

Yes, but it is only cause i'm not used to it.

I am just thankful they don't make it as bad as many Android devices, for instance. My Nexus 7 has the power button and then right below has the volume buttons, I am constantly using it in the dark and watching a video and I will mean to turn it up (or down) and end up shutting the screen of instead (thus turning the video off so I have to relaunch it).

Very annoying

16. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The new location was necessary IMO. I think as you're holding the phone if you have to physically move your hand up to turn it off then it would annoy people as well. The alternative is to stick it on the side. It makes sense given the physical size of the phones. I don't think it would piss me off...it just takes getting used to.

17. BabyFu18 macrumors member

BabyFu18

Yes, it's a problem right now, but I know I'll get used to it and it'll be fine.

18. Pagemakers macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

What a horrible place to put the power button.

I have big hands and even I can’t reach the button with one hand without fear of pushing the phone out of my hand or clicking the volume up button at the same time.

It’s much easier to reach in its old position.

19. Halamire thread starter macrumors regular

Halamire

Like I'm very particular where my home button is placed when it's in landscape idk why but I just am. So the power button is always faced down and the way my hand fits on it my middle finger is always on the power button.

20. sdyoyo macrumors member

Yeah every time I look at the phone that slider bar comes on to turn it off, annoying

21. Pagemakers macrumors 68020

Pagemakers

I went to take a photo of the Red Arrows landing today. Rushed outside, got my phone out of my pocket and CLICK…… Turned off my phone off instead :(

Photo missed.

22. Halamire thread starter macrumors regular

Halamire

I think it's going to take a lot of time for me to remember it's on the side now. I always try to click the top still