New Powerbeats Pro Ad Highlights Battery Life During Lengthy Icelandic Relay Race

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 25, 2019.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple this week released a new ad for the Powerbeats Pro, which launched in May in the United States in Canada. The new commercial spotlights the accessory by showing how seven runners from the Paris Running Club joined a 280km relay in Iceland.

Called the "Zero Dark Project," the ad explains how each runner used the Powerbeats Pro to stay motivated through music during the lengthy relay race.

Powerbeats Pro are Apple's first totally wireless Beats earphones, equipped with the same H1 chip as the second-generation AirPods for hands-free "Hey Siri" and faster connection speeds between the iPhone, Apple Watch, and other devices.

The Powerbeats Pro feature adjustable, secure-fit ear hooks and earbud tips with four size options. Powerbeats Pro are priced at $249.95 in the United States and $329.95 in Canada. As of now you can only get the accessory in Black, while Ivory, Moss, and Navy colors will be available later this year.

Article Link: New Powerbeats Pro Ad Highlights Battery Life During Lengthy Icelandic Relay Race

2. cj31016 macrumors member

Without a doubt, the absolute best fitness buds I've ever had.

3. jasheeky macrumors member

4. radiology macrumors 6502

radiology

Love mine. I bit uncomfortable, but just a bit. Could be a bit softer but other than that it’s fantastic. By fair the best buds.

5. techno-Zen macrumors 6502a

techno-Zen

The case is huge but what can you do? My perfect earbud is airpod technology in a BeatsX form factor. I don't really need the ear hook.

6. markaceto macrumors regular

markaceto

Reality: they cast a handful of French Instagram influencers to run a combined distance of 1km

7. iPhysicist macrumors 65816

iPhysicist

Did they miss a 0? 280km divided by 7 is 40km each. So it’s a little shy of marathon distance per runner. Do it for money ok. But I can not imagine that they took the (costly) trip only to run 40k each. At least not for a runners club.

8. acorntoy macrumors 65816

Plenty of people travel all over the world for marathons at a high cost, you always see remarkable stories about people who came from the middle of nowhere to compete, why does it not make sense that these people would do it mostly likely being funded by Apple?

9. markaceto macrumors regular

markaceto

I highly doubt the authenticy of this advertisement. It's a TV spot with models/actors/influencers/whatever that just stepped out of HMU (hair and makeup) for the shots of only them running at a perfectly breezy and delightful pace. The narrative structure and subtitles are also heavily "inspired" by numerous cycling videos I've seen featured on The Radavist blog.

10. Acronyc macrumors 6502a

I’ve ran in Iceland before. It’s an amazing place to run.

11. bbnck macrumors 6502a

Hold up. United States is in Canada?! I knew it!

You might want to fix that, Mitchel.

12. manu chao macrumors 603

The Beats X already have Airpod technology (W1 chip). What it lacks is sweat resistance, mine failed 3x over a 13 month period.

13. techno-Zen macrumors 6502a

techno-Zen

Without the wire and with in ear detection